Sunday, July 29, 2007

seven::twentynine

Teach me again how to pray.
I was remembering.
Time hearkened me to forget,
to look another way.
I ceased to look inside
and began to see again the world.
A burden has fallen upon my shoulders,
one that I cannot bear.
Knowledge of the distress,
of the evils in Gomorrah,
and I am phased
such that I fail to beckon for the innocent.
I call not even for destruction
to come upon the heads of the evil ones,
but to not come into a time a trial,
on either side of the decision.
I want to forgive,
to break through those hardened hearts,
but mine is slowly freezing again
without the warmth you filled me with.
I ask not rhetorically,
"How much more will my Father in heaven
given those who ask for the Holy Spirit?"
I am not sure if I must know,
but I would like to taste the answer,
and feel it in my veins,
not this bitterness,
not captive by this sense of impending destruction.

(Genesis 18:20-32, Psalm 138, Colossians 2:12-14, Luke 11:1-13)

No comments: