Saturday, June 2, 2007

six:two



Is wisdom something sought or a gift given? To claim wisdom seems to be one of the most unwise things one can do, and yet, if one is drawn to her, should not one seek her? In searching, yokes will be loosed, perhaps even some that were not known to be restrictive. Wisdom restricts, yet she also sets free. Wisdom is lovely. Folly is a bitch. Somehow they both converse, and to listen in on their dialog is a wonderful gift, for one sees oneself as in a mirror of possibility.

I want to love discipline, to kiss her. It would be wonderful to speak the truth with love in my heart, to be carefully translucent. Wonder is a virtue I have forgotten and hope to be remembered to me, to dwell in that which is fresh and life giving, pure and graceful. Then my words may be worth writing and speaking, and to listen would be a practice of great merit. In listening, I would hear the question being asked and respond well.

And these things I hope also for others, and I pray I would not be a hindrance to their quests.

(Sirach 51:12-20, Psalm 19, Mark 11:27-33)

No comments: