Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Coming Waters

The waters will soon wash us away,
the clouds, dark and shining with flashes
will cover our mountains and valleys.
May I still be found on the mountain,
on the side of the hill
listening to a voice soft and still.
Certainly into sin I was born,
among the sins of a nation and nations,
among gases killing the world.
The seas of consumption,
and prideful assumptions.
thoughts of domination and greed.
Into this world I was born
and though I would have died anyway,
even more shall we all die.
I'm sorry to think such a thing,
to write and say such things,
but my mind keeps thinking.











Forgiveness is our only hope
to be able to walk on the coming waters,
the consumption of our flesh.
And we must become internal,
not to forget the outer parts,
but to realize all is actually one.
Yes, all these coming storms
live with the calm breezes
though they know not each other.
Help me, Lord, to forget what I needn't know
but always remember your goodness,
your still small voice in the thunderous rains,
even the perilous drought.

(Numbers 12:1-13, Psalm 51, Matthew 14:22-36)

No comments: