Monday, August 6, 2007

eight::six

Today if the Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord. The majesty of God has come among people, has been placed in the flesh of people.

I was supposed to prepare for this day. I had planned to for some time now. I didn't. This is the first year I even knew it was upon us, the first year I knew it's significance, and I balked once it was finally on the eve.

Is it good that I am here? For I have thought of deification. The hope of me, a man, becoming like God, like Christ, deity and flesh together, had reawakened my senses, but at times I still find myself numb. Is it good for me to be there, in that numb place? Do I there remember my great need for mercy and grace? Have I wandered a bit to find myself walking again toward the holy mountain?

I know God is good, that God has revealed God's self. When will I learn, however, that I am a part of that revelation? Is not deity to be revealed in and through me?

Forgive me, Lord, of my forgetfulness, my obvious departure from your beautiful way. Holy Spirit, fire of God, burn in and upon me anew, to see again great visions, to walk again the way forged for humanity.

(Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, Psalm 97, 2 Peter 1:16-19, Luke 9:28-36)

No comments: