Thursday, June 21, 2007

six::twentyone

Allow me to be foolish if it means that I am kind. Let me seem too accepting if it means I know how to forgive.

I may appear to be simple, but, please, do not assume I am unaware.

Perhaps, I'm not all that simple to begin with, for kindness is a courage that requires a grace difficult to describe, an openness not learned naturally.

Smooth talk and flashy presentation may hold the attention for a while, but they will not last. Instead, they will simply lead astray and prove to impede you from focusing on the good.

My words may be simple, but, please, realize that it is good to look for embedded and deeper meaning, though you wouldn't want to drive yourself mad doing so.

So, pray when you listen to anyone. See and hear with ears and eyes trained by the Spirit, attuned to the stillness that rests deep within every living thing. Then, we will not be led into temptation. Then we will not speak with unnecessary words nor will our words cost others unnecessary grief. No, we will work gracefully, beautifully towards a life of mutual kindness and acceptance.

My words may seem simple and idealistic, but, please, do not assume they are shallow or thoughtless.

...

God, if I am meant to be your servant, please simplify me. Allow me to be transparent so that you may be seen. Fasten me to your children, not so tight that we cannot breath, but close enough that we may share in the dance you are teaching us. May we learn the humility of the Son, the true God who did not count Deity as something to Lord over humanity, but instead sought friendship with the lowly. Gracious light of God, shine. Guide me by the Spirit of truth, which leads me to worship in truth, to walk in truth, to love in truth, in all humility, Lord, that I may be one with truth.

2 Corinthians 11:1-11, Psalm 111, Matthew 6:7-15)

No comments: