Friday, August 24, 2007

eight::twentyfour

To the Governors Above with a Bad Sense of Truth, I'm Sorry, Perhaps

Seeing is believing,
and believing is a kind of seeing,
being that you are always looking from some point of view.
My vision may convince you to see differently,
or it may not.
Yours can been seen the same.
I see bad things that you see as good,
and, yet, you may be blind.
I'm sorry.
The thing is
I'd rather be just than right,
and I would rather trust than fight,
for I see that I don't always know,
knowing as some kind of aboveness,
I reckon myself to be below.
This may lead to something unfair for me
you finding yourself to be high, mighty.
And strength is the greatest weakness,
straining the heart beyond capacity.
Did anyone see this coming?
Cities falling from the sky,
falling from the tops of buildings in the sky
to the ground.
You think of yourself as grounded
yet want to be above.
Such a hard position to be in.
I'm sorry.
I suppose we get what we want
but our wants may not be good.
You will find this out sooner or later,
but that may not be enough for some of us.
I'm sorry.

(Revelation 21:9-14, Psalm 145, John 1:45-51)

No comments: