Tuesday, July 10, 2007

seven::ten

What man do I wrestle with if not myself? I believe that I am trying to see myself in the face, and most days my face does not cause me grief. And yet I do not dare to wrestle with others, to contend with them nor hit them in their hip, for I know that I too hobble and wish that upon no one else.

But is this cowardice? Or is it a trust like that of the psalmist who pleads for the shelter of God's wing?

I wrestle with myself and invite others to wrestle with me, but not in such a way that we are fighting nor making enemies. I know that some will not want or be able to see this, and as such misunderstandings will transpire. It is then my prayer that I will be able to look in the other's face and say, "Today, I have seen the face of God." The tongue will be loosed and words of praise and friendship will be on lips.

(Genesis 32:23-33, Psalm 17, Matthew 9:32-38)

No comments: