Wednesday, July 18, 2007

seven::eightteen

Today, I am supposed to be a child. Not to think like a child or act like a child, but to be teachable like a child, to have ears that wonder and listen with a fresh sense of awe. Today, I would not have seen the burning bush had I walked past it, my vision cast away from that place in me that was becoming childlike. I looked away from the flame what was guiding me, not thinking it would allow me to grow up or grow wise, but I simply lost sight.

Lord, lead me out of the land I chose to enter becoming stuck behind its borders. Pardon my iniquities that I might know your ways. Guide me to the mountain of your vision, the mountain of promise and vision. Help me to look within, again, otherwise a dark cloud will cover my skies, and though we could use its rain, I would still be in a valley plagued with drought. If I need to tend to a flock, send your fleece covered gathering, to do the work of a servant. Locate me in a place to hear.

Though you are sluggish today, my soul, bless God. Though you have forgotten today, be made to remember, spirit made alive with Spirit. Though sleep crowds my mind, may I be raised up with the Son, raised again like a child, learning and listening, being given a language to communicate the reality around me.

(Exodus 3:1-6, 9-12, Psalm 103, Matthew 11:25-27)

No comments: