Saturday, July 14, 2007

seven::fourteen

I don't know where I'll be buried or who will bury me or with whom I will be buried. I wonder if I should think about such things. I know God knows when a hair of mine is laid to rest. But that thought leads me to not worry about my passing. Life ends an I will return to dust, eventually dust risen. Now, I want to familiarize myself with my surroundings and know the peace possible here. And I want to know myself, even as God knows me.

I am no greater than that which masters me. Lord, you transform the heart shaped from dust and spirit, making me of one mind with a single direction. It is not that I have no concerns, I do, but they are to be shaped by faith, not left to themselves to fester causing me to lose focus.

Focus my attention on a life lived well. Death will come, but it is not my worry, only life and remembrance of God.

(Genesis 48:29-32, 50:15-26, Psalm 105, Matthew 10:24-33)

No comments: