Tuesday, June 26, 2007

six::twentysix

What pearls do I cast and what wide gates do I pass through? Which lands to I venture to which merely appear to provide what I need, but soon they will be turned to salt? May I no longer throw away the blessings received, nor walk down expansive roads for their borders are cliffs from which their is no return.

I am tired. I have forgotten the source of my strength and relied on caffeine. Now my eyes want to close and I want to rest without much labor. But there is much work I could do, work that is not work for work's sake but so much more. What is the hindrance? What is stalling the return to a narrow path, a way taken by few?

Oh, inside, cease your bickering. You know what I right for you to do; listen. Be still. Be not deceitful or cunning or charming. Be loving. Be chaste. Be what you expect of others, and learn to stop expecting at the same time, but be giving. Rest if you need, to return to the place you were, yet be ready to journey. Be ready to love and not with sentiment or words or simply work, but with yourself in the place of the other you meet and already have known. Listen in silence.

(Genesis 13:2, 5-18, Psalm 15, Matthew 7:6, 12-14)

No comments: